LAMBAY SINGLE MALT RESERVE CASK SERIES 43° 70CL - BATCH 01
Discover a Journey of taste with our new three-part collection - Lambay Single Malt - Reserve Cask Series. Batch 01 is the first bottling to be released and is limited to just 10,000 bottles. Batch 02 and Batch 03 will follow in the coming years.
Batch 01 is a rich triple-distilled single malt, matured in bourbon barrels and finished in signature Camus cognac casks. Before bottling, the island’s Trinity Well water is added, to deliver this delicious single malt whiskey.
Non-chill filtered | 43% ABV/ Vol.
- Lambay Single Malt is wholly finished in hand-selected French oak cognac casks.
- Craft is key with our Lambay Single Malt as our selected casks are placed on Lambay Island to mature. This brings unique maritime notes of sea salt and iodine to these casks exposed to the fresh sea air.
- Batch 01 contains a higher percentage of island matured Lambay Single Malt delivering a more intense salty note on the palette.
- This Single Malt consists of both first fill and second fill cognac cask finishing to deliver a more intense mouthfeel of spice, tobacco, and pepper on the palette.
- Blended with Single Malt from our Island warehouse, the whiskey has soft smoky attributes with slight salinity and a dry lingering finish that balances the rich oak and herb note.
- COLOUR: Oak Brown
- AROMA: Oak, Light Smoke, Herb and Tobacco
- TASTE: Rich mouthfeel with hints of oak and tobacco, developing into spice like black pepper, with salt and very light smoky notes
- FINISH: Rich oak and pepper with lingering herbal notes and salt
With a higher ABV of 43%, we recommend sipping straight up and with an added pinch of sea-salt. Serve alongside a slice of your favourite dark chocolate or savour with fresh oysters. Alternatively, adding a small drop of water will effuse the malt and oak notes.
Cocktail: Serve as a smoked Rosemary Old-Fashioned with Thyme garnish to enhance the herb notes.