SOLD OUT- SINGLE MALT SINGLE CASK STRENGTH 57° 70CL - CASK 6688
Crafted and highly exclusive, this Single Cask Strength expression of Lambay Whiskey Single Malt is a pure taste of island life and is a welcome addition to the current Lambay Whiskey portfolio.
Cask 6688 is the sixth as a part of Lambay’s private collection. All cognac casks used in the finish of this whiskey have been hand-selected by Lambay’s Cellar Master, Yonael Bernard.
“An intense smoothness comes from this single malt with the smell of vanilla, gingerbread, a little bit of pepper followed by fresh grain, smooth spice (cinnamon), and dry fruits,” said Bernard.
These casks are carried across the sea from the world-renowned cellars of Camus France, and left to sleep in the bonded warehouse on Lambay Island to further mature and refine in aroma and taste. Where the casks are positioned within the warehouse, plays a huge role in the composition of the liquid as it marries the oak and the external maritime environment on Lambay.
Non-chill filtered | 57% ABV/ Vol.
- Lambay Single Malt is 100% finished in hand-selected French Oak Cognac Casks. Cask 6688 has 446 bottles and is the 6th cask released from our collection.
- Each bottle from the cask is recorded with a unique bottle & batch number on the label Cask 6688 received a higher impact of sea air maturation which delivers less cognac concentration in the taste.
- The triple distillation of the Single Malt and long period of maturation in the cognac cask on Lambay Island makes for a surprisingly smooth finish for this high-strength whiskey.
TASTE PROFILE OF LAMBAY SINGLE CASK STRENGTH CASK 6688:
- COLOUR: Tawny Brown
- AROMA: Bourbon Vanilla, Gingerbread, Pepper
- TASTE: Dry fruits, Oak and Candy, Bitter chocolate, and fresh Malt
- FINISH: Long lasting Malt with lingering, Flora and Bitter Cacao
We recommend adding a drop of water due to the high cask strength when sipping, and paring with your favourite dark chocolate.